Sign Up:It is simple: Comment on any post saying you are interested and include, (1) a name/username you wish to be known as, (2) your URL of your public blog, (3) the name of your chosen charity and (4) your charity's donation page URL (must be legit!). That is it.
Blog-o-rama 2011 has raised:$0030.00
World Time ClockHere is a link in case you are not sure what time Blog-o-rama 2011 starts in your time zone.
When do I start blogging?
You are number
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
Category Archives: Info
July 21 starting at 09:00 EST
Together we can make a difference!
It is about 9 hours till the start of blog-o-rama and I want to throw out some ideas on how to stay awake and keep blogging for all the awesome charities we all are blogging for. In no particular order:
- Stay hydrated; water and juice = best options.
- Make sure to walk around periodically (even outside).
- Read through the blogs of your fellow blog-o-ramans.
- Take a shower (again if need be).
- Avoid too much sugar or caffeine, as to avoid crashes.
- If you get sleepy set an alarm for your next post just in case you doze.
- Eat healthier foods, to avoid stomach issues.
- Listen to music.
- Watch TV/movies, but maybe not on the couch when it is late/early morning.
All these ideas are based on past Blogathon or Day of Blogs or blog-o-rama experiences; many came about from what I did wrong. I made it through 5 times already, so this list has been tested.
I almost forgot to mention that despite this being a 24 hour blogging event, blogging every half hour, one would naturally assume there will be 48 posts. In fact there will be 49 posts because you will be posting your last post after 09:00 EST the next day.
Please note the World Clock link in the sidebar to find the time to start blogging if you are unsure. I am in the Eastern time zone so I set the event to start where I live at 9 am.
For anyone wondering what to do about donations here is what I have always done on my event blog:
- I create a list in a sidebar (if your blog has this feature), even if just text based.
- When I received confirmation from a sponsor, usually be email, I tallied them in the list.
- I list a screen name for each sponsor (even just first name) and the dollar amount.
- Then I just keep a running tally of the amounts.
- After the event, I send emails to ask that the sponsors honour their pledge amount.
I created a Twitter feed for this year and for years to come. I really hope this event takes off and does a lot of good for deserving people.
Ok, so I am not able to run this event tomorrow. I am moving the date to
2011 August 06 at the same time — 09:00 EST.