I almost forgot to mention that despite this being a 24 hour blogging event, blogging every half hour, one would naturally assume there will be 48 posts. In fact there will be 49 posts because you will be posting your last post after 09:00 EST the next day.
Please note the World Clock link in the sidebar to find the time to start blogging if you are unsure. I am in the Eastern time zone so I set the event to start where I live at 9 am.
For anyone wondering what to do about donations here is what I have always done on my event blog:
- I create a list in a sidebar (if your blog has this feature), even if just text based.
- When I received confirmation from a sponsor, usually be email, I tallied them in the list.
- I list a screen name for each sponsor (even just first name) and the dollar amount.
- Then I just keep a running tally of the amounts.
- After the event, I send emails to ask that the sponsors honour their pledge amount.
I created a Twitter feed for this year and for years to come. I really hope this event takes off and does a lot of good for deserving people.
blog-o-rama on Twitter
Ok, so I am not able to run this event tomorrow. I am moving the date to
2011 August 06 at the same time — 09:00 EST.